Monday, July 28, 2008

Catching up

I apologize for the nonexistent pace of posts lately. I'll try to get caught up this week.

This past weekend my good friend and former co-worker Nora from Fort Worth came to visit. We took a dip in the 68-degree waters of Barton Springs Pool, rented a kayak and paddled around Lady Bird Lake, saw a movie, and just hung out and caught up on things. I have sore shoulders from the kayaking expedition, but it was well worth it.

In a week I leave for the AEJMC convention in Chicago. I'll spend this week working on the presentation of my paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention my graceless plunge down your stairs the first day I was there. :þ

Brian B said...

I figured you should be the one to bring it up. :-þ

Speaking of those stairs, they rebuilt them while I was out of town. Three support posts and the structure under the deck are all that's left of the original.