Saturday, August 2, 2008

I guess I'm now a triple threat


After last week's kayaking foray, I realized that I enjoyed getting the upper-body exercise from paddling around the lake. I sometimes ride my bike to the lake, jog on the nice hike 'n' bike path they have there, then ride home. Today I decided to add some arm work, and I rented a kayak for an hour or so before heading home.

Fun! I enjoyed paddling about. The west part of the lake has some nice scenery, including high rock cliffs. Toward the end of the lake is an island with a dog park; I saw lots of dogs and their people there.

I was quite tired on the bike ride home. And now I'm sunburnt; I should have brought some extra sunscreen. But overall it was a good workout. The rental fee is high enough that I won't be doing this every week, but it's good for an occasional change.

No comments: